An aquatic plant found in stagnant or slow-moving freshwater habitats, my rhizome and roots are submerged in the mud while my leaves float on the surface of the water.
Where and when can you find me in the reserve?
- I grow in sunny freshwater habitats with little or no current, mostly in ponds, lakes, and slow-moving rivers.
- I take root in muddy beds that are no deeper than 3 meters.
- My yellow flowers bloom between June and September.
- Many small aquatic animals use me for shelter.
What other species might you mistake me for?
- When I’m in bloom, it’s hard to mistake me, but looking just at my leaves, you might confuse me with the white water-lily.
- Red List of vascular plants in metropolitan France: Least Concern (LC);
- Red List of endangered vascular plants in Alsace: Least Concern (LC).
Remember that picking flowers and plants is prohibited in nature reserves.