A small orchid, I grow to between 10 and 40 cm tall. My common name comes from the tips of my flower buds which are dark purple and have a burnt appearance.
Where and when can you find me in the reserve ?
- You can find me in the dry, sunny meadows around the reserve in May and June.
- My small flowers have a subtle fragrance of honey and vanilla.
What other species might you mistake me for ?
- I can be confused with the lady orchid whose flowers are the same colors but which is much bigger.
- Red list of vascular plants in metropolitan France: Least Concern (LC).
- Red list of endangered vascular plants in Alsace: Vulnerable (VU).