I am a relic from the vast Ried meadows that stretched along the banks of the Rhine when it was still wild. I measure between 40 cm and 1 meter tall.
I am an especially rare plant that is protected in France.
Where and when can you find me in the reserve ?
- I live in wet meadows and marshes.
- My violet-blue flowers are produced at the end of narrow stems from May to June.
What other species might you mistake me for ?
- Many horticultural varieties grow in gardens.
- Red list of vascular plants in metropolitan France: Vulnerable (VU).
- Red list of endangered vascular plants in Alsace: Endangered (EN).
- Protected in France.