Early Marsh Orchid
I grow to between 20 and 60 cm tall. With my companions the bee orchid and the pyramidal orchid I am one of the early flowering orchids in spring.
Where and when can you find me in the reserve ?
- I live in wet meadows and on the dikes.
- My pale to dark pink flowers bloom in May and June.
What other species might you mistake me for ?
- Unless you have a sharp eye, it’s easy to confuse me with many other types of orchid in my genus.
- One tip to help spot me: on Rohrschollen Island, my flowers are a pale pink color which none of the other orchids have.
- Red list of vascular plants in metropolitan France: Least Concern (LC).
- Red list of endangered vascular plants in Alsace: Endangered (EN).
- Protected in Alsace.