Originating from North America and imported into Europe as an ornamental plant, I can reach a height of one to two meters. I escaped from gardens and have an excellent capacity for reproducing and colonizing which has earned me the classification of “invasive alien species”. When I find a habitat to grow, I have a tendency to monopolize the area by taking the place of native plants.
Where and when can you find me in the reserve ?
- I grow easily so you can find me almost anywhere.
- My golden flowers bloom between July and October.
- Around the reserve, you will see me on the dikes, in the meadows and at the forest edge.
What other species might you mistake me for ?
- You might confuse me with the Canada goldenrod which has hairy leaves. This is another invasive alien species.
- Red list of vascular plants in metropolitan France: Least Concern (LC).
- Red list of endangered vascular plants in Alsace: Least Concern (LC).
Remember that picking flowers and plants is prohibited in the nature reserves.