I grow to between 50 cm and 1.2 m tall.
Where and when can you find me in the reserve ?
- I prefer woody habitats and grow best in meadows at the forest edge or in wet forest borders.
How can you recognize me ?
- My pompom-like flowers appear between May and July. In color they range from white to dark pink.
- My leaves are similar to those of the columbine.
What other species might you mistake me for ?
- My flowers and leaves are distinctive so it’s difficult to confuse me with any other species.
- Red list of vascular plants in metropolitan France: Least Concern (LC).
- Red list of endangered vascular plants in Alsace: Endangered (EN).
- I am protected in Alsace.
Remember that picking flowers and plants is prohibited in nature reserves.